Energy Audit Partners LLC provides commercial infrared inspections, energy efficiency consulting, analysis and solutions. Most prominent in our technology arsenal is infrared thermography. However, in conjunction with IR thermography, we also use a variety of complementary technologies including but not limited to sensors for moisture detection, power factor correction and numerous types of electrical load detection equipment.
What is Infrared Thermography?
Qualitative infrared thermography is a non-contact/non-destructive technology which allows trained Thermographers to identify and analyze thermal patterns across different types of surfaces, machinery, and electrical systems.
Quantitative infrared thermography utilizes the same technology with the addition of detecting and recording accurate temperatures across the same surfaces, machinery, and electrical systems. Through infrared thermography, we are able to more quickly and safely identify problems and potential future problems.
Benefits of Non-Contact Infrared Thermography:
- A non-destructive technology
- Pinpoint problems in minutes, not days
- Prevent catastrophic shutdowns, schedule system/equipment downtimes
- Minimize preventive maintenance time and maximize troubleshooting efficiency
- Predictive Maintenance (PdM) inspection programs identify potential future problems
There are numerous ways that our non-contact infrared inspections can reduce operating costs:
- Detect deficiencies in the building envelope/roof structure
- Identify latent moisture within an insulated, flat-roof system
- Identify areas of misapplied or missing insulation
- Detect overheating electrical circuits and process equipment while system is under load
- Execute more timely and cost effective maintenance routines
- Protect expensive equipment, extend equipment life
- Reduce potential safety hazards
- Detect problems within piping systems
- More quickly identify issues in steam pipe systems
- Source leaks within underground piping for radiant heat etc.
- Detect faulty cells within installed photovoltaic systems
Energy Audit Partners LLC has Level II and Level III Infraspection Institute Certified Infrared Thermographers. We are trained in both qualitative and quantitative aspects of thermography as well as the development of industry best practices, predictive maintenance programs for our clients. The training standards meet the requirements of ASNT Document, SNT-TC-1A.
Energy Audit Partners LLC also adheres to Infraspection Institute Standards for conducting our inspections for both testing procedures and documentation as related to the following areas:
- Electrical Systems & Rotating Equipment
- Building Envelopes
- Insulated Roofs
- Photovoltaic Systems
- Pest Detection
- Measuring Reflected Temperature
- Measuring Emittance
- Measuring Transmittance
- Distance/Target Size Ratios
- Radiant Heat Systems
- Steam Traps
- Underground Piping Systems
We are also compliant with OSHA 1910 General Industry and NFPA 70 E.
- Motor efficiency
- Electrical Systems